Review: Marrying the Master (Club Volare) by Chloe Cox

Marrying the Master (Club Volare) by Chloe Cox

As a follow up to the Club Volare series, Lola has now had a few years to help run Club Volare. The success of the club is taking New York by storm, but, the club may be at its end if a certain politician has anything to do about it. Roman is unwilling to give up his dream business without a fight. When a loophole in a century old law is found, Lola and Roman get a crazy idea...


I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Unfortunately, 50 Shades of Grey kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth. After all of the raving reviews, I finally gave in and read it only to want to erase my memory immediately after. It's unfortunate that people consider that a well written book. Now I have trust issues. How can I possibly trust people to recommend me a good book without having horrifying flashbacks of the book that must not be named. Eventually I wanted something different to read in the romance category and I gave into Marrying the Master. Guess what? It's good! Why?

To start, this is well written. Though I did find a couple of mistakes, it is not full of sentence fragments, missing punctuation, spelling errors, and poor grammar. It's amazing that even some of the worst books I've read I can at least find a good point about them because the writing was readable. Chloe does a great job with this novel and I assume she had an editor on her side.


Also, the dialog is good which is a HUGE yay or nay factor as to whether or not I can step into the book and loose myself. I'm not that familiar with this genre. I'll be honest, this was only my 4th book of this type (can you guess the first three?). But I think it's fairly easy to tell if the dialog fits the situations well no matter the subgenre. At no point did I feel like it was awkward, unrealistic, or laughably unintelligent.

Surprisingly, the D/s scenes aren't that shocking. There were not any scenes where subjects were forced or even sexually tortured too much. It's all really believable (for those of us that don't have experience with that ;) ) and the scenes are actually quite moving.

Another plus, the characters are well done and the plot of the story is interesting. While you know from page 1 how this will play out in the end (it's one of those books that gives you the 'last chapter' events before it starts), you are still drawn into the book. I haven't read any others from the Club Volare series, but the characters all seem emotionally connected in a good way.


That being said, the plot isn't terribly original (sham marriage gone bad,  gone good, gone...??), but with the setting of the Volare club and the encounters of the characters its original in that way. More so, it's comical, it's sad, it makes you angry and happy all at once, and it makes you love everything about it.

Enjoy a quick read!

Ratings:

 Steam (connection/physical) ****
Characters ***
Writing Quality *****
 Plot (Originality) ****

My rating: 









Amazon: 4.0
Good Reads: 4.0



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)