The Book Cove News: Liebster Award nomination!


For some recent news - The Book Cove has recived the Liebster award! No this has nothing to do with Justin Bieber. Thank God. This award is given to newbie bloggers, and I was nominated by both Chrissy T. of A Novel Idea and Karla's Book Blog. Both have great blog sites that I frequent and I highly suggest you go check them out.

A little bit about the Liebster award:


  • "Liebster" is German and has a loose translation of meaning "endearing" or "dearest". (This is one of those random times where my German language class comes in handy ;-))
  • This is an award that is given by bloggers to recognize new bloggers and help increase the recipients audience.
  • There are various versions that get passed around. Some pass the award on to bloggers that are under a certain number of readers, others pass it on to bloggers that have been active under a certain amount of time. Both of these "criteria" vary.
  • If you accept the award you must pay it forward to another new blogger(s)


  • Because there were two nominations, I will answer 5 questions they each posed, and then end with my 10 questions and y nomination for the Leibster award!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Karla's questions:
    • If you were your favorite literary character, what would you do differently? 
    Who do I choose as my favorite?! In honor of the Vampire Academy movie coming out I will go with Sydney as my favorite and say that she should start trusting Adrian a heck of a lot earlier ;-)
    • Paperback or e-reader?
    I love paperbacks in my "library" I've got going at home. But my eReader has more recently become my new best friend because I can read so many more books without waiting for them! And it also makes it a lot easier to read on the go with my phone or Kindle.

    • What do you think when you see the same cover at two or three different books?
    It drives me crazy! I feel like it lacks creativity, and the book may be awesome but it already fills my head with preconceived thoughts that the story line will be just another cookie cutter one.
    • What makes your favorite male character your favorite?
    I don't think I have a favorite male character overall, but the ones I love the most are ones that have a sense of humor and are a little bit daring with how they handle situations...or their girls ;-)
    • The end of a book that you totally HATED
    I won't name the title, but I recently read a book where every main character (there were a few) overcame incredible odds to get everything they wanted...with no conflict. It was the craziest thing I'd read because there was no build up or anything. 


    Chrissy's questions:
    • List a few of your favorite authors:
    Rachel Van Dyken, Richelle Mead, Colleen Gleason, Abbi Gline
    • Where and when do you like to read the most?
    At night when I'm trying to fall asleep. I usually have my kindle or iPhone and fall asleep absentmindedly thumbing through pages. So when I wake up in the morning I have no idea what page I actually left off reading...
    • List a few of your favorite books you've read this year:
    A Different Blue by Amy Harmon, Patch Up by Stephanie Witter, and Damaged series by H.M. Ward
    • What book are you most anticipating this year?
    Bloodlines book 4: The Fiery Heart - out November 19th!
    • Which author would you like to meet the most?
    Any of my favorite authors that I've listed above would be just fine! I'd probably go with Colleen overall though. She is the one that really peaked my interest in the paranormal genre.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The Book Cove's nominations:

    Jessica from Ramblings on Readings

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Book Cove's questions:
    1. Who are your favorite authors?
    2. What would be your next book-to-movie choice?
    3. Do you have a monthly book buying allowance?
    4. Which book would you consider to have the biggest plot upset?
    5. Which book/series is your guilty pleasure?
    6. What is your favorite genre?
    7. Where is your favorite reading cove?
    8. Have you met any of your favorite authors?
    9. Which movie would you consider to be a bad representation of its book?
    10. If you were an author, where would your story take place?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    As always, I thank The Book Cove readers for stopping by. I know it has been a little slow on here lately. I'm finally in a position to where I can get the ball rolling again! So keep stopping by and I promise new and frequent content in the upcoming month!

    Comments

    1. Thank you so much for the nomination!! I'll be answering these questions soon :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Great! Let me know when you do. I'm interested in hearing your answers as I tried to make the questions fit a little of everything that you do :-)

        Delete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

    Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

    Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)