Blog Talk: The ebb and flow of blogging

All bloggers go through it. I wouldn't necessarily call it burnout, but it's a close cousin; a writing stalemate. I experienced a major burnout shortly after I first started blogging. I was trying to do too much at once and satisfy everyone. Then I remembered the whole reason I started was to satisfy an itch for me...that just happened to help satisfy an itch for others. So I went back to basics and restructured my thinking on the blog. I've been pretty content ever since!

That doesn't mean I don't go through droughts.

The majority of this year has been a drought for me. I've had a stock pile of topic ideas, reviews, and everything else imaginable but I just haven't taken the time to put things together, proof, and schedule them. A part of it has to do with a busy work life. But the other part is more like writers block. Which is weird for me. I may not be able to come up with a Blog Talk or Book Talk topic, but how the heck can I not string some words together for a "simple" review?

I don't know.

If you peruse the blog, you'll see it's been a while since I've reviewed anything. (Thanks L.A. Kelley for keeping the review ship sailing!). I've definitely read a lot of books. I just haven't felt like reviewing. I've read some phenomenal books lately. How the heck can I not have anything to say?!

I don't know.

I can piece through my thoughts on why one-by-one here (which I'll spare you), but in the end I know there isn't a definitive answer. I know is that I'm not the only one though. There's an ebb and flow to everything in life -- blogging/writing included.

These past few weeks I've been bitten by the writing (and perhaps creativity) bug. Interestingly, my life is as busy and stressful as ever. So why I'd suddenly get ramped up again at this time I'm not sure. Probably because this is my outlet and it is therapeutic to read and then spill your guts. Also, I put the pro in procrastination so it never fails that during the busiest times in my life I suddenly fee the need to shape the ol' ship back up. Hah!

So if you're feeling a little burnt out, or feeling like something that you can't exactly describe as burnout but just lost the zip you once had -- It's normal. It happens. If you listen to it and take a break, you'll (probably) get the creativity and drive back to word vomit once again ;)
(And it will probably come at a time you have real life to deal with).


Comments

  1. When you need a first class essay writing assistance, you are invited to try the help we offer to our clients for reasonable funds. We are aware of the fact that students are too busy to remember all their troubles and react on time.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you for posting the great content. I was looking for something like this. I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs. Dissertation writing service

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)