Feature and Follow #28 (take the place of an author)



What is Feature and Follow?

F&F is a weekly blog hop that consists of book bloggers. It is hosted byAlison Can Read and Parajunkee. The rules of involvement are simple:

1.) Link up on the blog hop Linky gadget below this post, 2.) follow the hosts via their network of choice, 3.) follow the weekly featured blog(s) via their network of choice (listed as "featured" in the blog list below), and lastly, 4) check out the rest of the blogs on the hop! If you become a new follower of a blog, let them know and they will follow you back.

The F&F is a great way to network, meet other book bloggers, and gain new followers. Even more so, it's a great way to drive fun discussion on a weekly topic.



This Week's FF: 

If you could take the place of one author, which author would it be and what changes would you make in his/her writing style? 

I couldn't do it. I know that I have a very different writing style compared to others. I wouldn't say it's rare, but it's not the most common thing for me to "recognize" an author's style as my own. When I do there's a completely different level of connection I have for the book. I'm not a style snob though. As long as something is readable and has a plot, I can get into it. Even going between all the different POVs and styles that come with those.

The one "stylistic" thing that gets to me the most (though I wouldn't call it style as much as I would talent) is when a (usually) female tries to write a masculine character that ends up sounding exactly like all the female characters. There's too many books to call out on that one so I won't even start ;)



Join in on this week's Penny For Your Thoughts... blog hop!


A Penny For Your Thoughts... hosted by The Book Cove
A hop where you leave a comment or create a blog post about a given quote and
are entered to win a monthly prize.




Other Posts Of Interest:


Remember to check your follow links regularly - by Jessi - November 22nd, 2014
5 easy tips for making your blog more user friendly for blog hops - By Jessi - December 27th, 2013
CAPTCHA challenge presented by The Book Wheel and The Relentless Reader - By Jessi - August 16th, 2013

Comments

  1. I have to admit I have also struggled with female authors being able to provide a reasonable voice to their male characters. It's ironic that men who claim to never understand women, tend to do a better job at capturing their voice.

    Love your blog! I'm now following via Bloglovin!


    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also noticed that men don't seem to have as much trouble switching voices...interesting to think about. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a different writing style compared to others. i am writer in case study report writing service, i used to write articles, essay etc based on students university formats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)