Review: Damaged 2 by H.M. Ward




Damaged 2 by H.M. Ward
Sydney and Peter are back and hotter than ever in this second installment of the Damaged series. Sydney’s mother has taken ill and her family has requested her back in New Jersey to make some final reconciliations. She’s finally preparing herself to make the trip home after all these years, but Peter has a damning secret that he lets Sydney in on that changes everything. The way she sees him will never be the same, and for Peter, Sydney’s changed perception of him is something he can’t handle.

Talk about some major excitement! As I said in my previous Damaged review, the only downfall to the first book was knowing virtually nothing about Peter’s history. I had a feeling that it would be saved for Damaged 2 because no writer as good as H.M. Ward would leave something that crucial out. Guess what?? The author delivers!

From the first page, Peter’s background is peeled back layer by stunning layer. I definitely was not expecting what was thrown at me in that opening sequence and it only got more complex and exciting as the story progressed.

The concept that I really like about Damaged is how well some dark subjects are handled. Many writers attempt to showcase emotion of a character that has been scarred in some way, only to make those various subjects come off as taboo or demeaning. The emotion and empathy H.M. Ward brings to the table with Damaged 2 is absolutely amazing. Very few books have I had my heart repeatedly ripped out of my chest as I struggle through these situations with the characters.

And the scenes with Peter and Sydney! I don’t even know where to start. It’s definitely not a happy go lucky book. While they had their trials and tribulations in Damaged 1, Damaged 2 steps it up about 10 notches – if that’s even possible! And on top of that, they are just so passionate about one another that even when they’re fighting it’s like an intense love scene! – which is why I give the steam 5*

My only qualm with this series is that it is over. I finished Damaged 2 within mere hours last night and longed for more afterwards. But, the series ends in the right spot. It’s not dragged out, it’s not another cliffhanger, and it’s not a rushed plot to get to “the good stuff’.

Ratings:
Steam: *****
Characters: *****
Writing: *****
Plot: *****

My rating: 






Amazon: 4.8
Good Reads: 4.2

Series Overall:






 - it's fun, dark, emotional, sexy, and completely real feeling. Though some might not like books that are in installments, for $0.99 you get the first ebook loaded with 350+ pages of excitement and for $4 you get 320+ pages of more! Well worth the money. (Stripped and Arrangement are stand alone series based on Peter's brothers)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)