Feature and Follow #9 (Favorite picture books as a kid)

Welcome to the Feature and Follow blog hop:

RULES To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}

(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers

Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.

Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.

If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed

Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”

If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers

If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!






This site also appreciates Facebook "likes". Anyone who "likes" our FB page by December 10th, 2013 will be entered into a Giftcard/book giveaway!


This week's prompt: What were some of your favorite picture books as a kid? If you have kids, what are your favorites to read to them?







(Wikipedia): The Wind in the Willows is a classic of children's literature by Kenneth Grahame, first published in 1908. Alternately slow moving and fast paced, it focuses on four anthropomorphised animal characters in a pastoral version of England. The novel is notable for its mixture of mysticism, adventure, morality, and camaraderie and celebrated for its evocation of the nature of the Thames valley.


One of my first book memories is having been given this book from my Grandma. I could read a little bit on my own then, and so I had everyone read it to me numerous times a day. I'm sure (I know) they got pretty tired of it. Once I had most of it memorized I would read it on my own. It's a classic and just thinking about it brings back  wonderful childhood memories.






(Wikipedia): One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish is a 1960 children's book by Dr. Seuss. A simple rhyming book for learner readers, it is a book with a freewheeling plot about a boy and a girl, and the many amazing creatures they have for friends and pets. As of 2001, over 6 million copies of the book had been sold, placing it 13th on a list of "All-Time Bestselling Children's Books" from Publishers Weekly. Based on a 2007 online poll, the National Education Association named the book one of its "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children."

This book probably doesn't need much of an introduction as it is a universally popular book. Much like The Wind in the Willows, some of my earliest reading memories involve attempting Dr. Seuss books. This one in particular was my favorite, and this was actually the first book that I truly read on my own!




Comments

  1. Aw, they look so cute!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/09/follow-friday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'd forgotten The Wind in the Willows. My mum read it to me as a child.

    Old follower.
    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Dr. Seuss and One Fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue Fish! Old follower!

    Katy @ a blighted one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still reading Wind in the Willows,lol so it's gone past my childhood!

    new follower via bloglovin!

    Guinevere & Libertad @ Twinja Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one that I've decided that I need to pull back out after doing this post! I barely recall what it's about but I remember reading it all the time.

      Delete
  5. Old Bloglovin' Follower here!
    The Wind in The Willows is one of my all time favourite stories . .my son has just acted in it at his first play at school :-)

    Kirsty @ All in One Place
    http://www.kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good idea for a play! Thanks for stopping by Kristy

      Delete
  6. Great choices. I love Dr. Seuss (who doesn't?) Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't beat Dr. Seuss for kids - my son used to love Big A Little A the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a ton of Seuss books and I'm sure my mother was keeping them for a day when I could pass them down...I kind of want to read them again and reminisce on the good ol days :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)