The Book Cove's 1 Year Blogiversary! (Day 4: Top Followers)


Our 1 Year Blogiversary is quickly approaching (June 10th)! How time flies! To celebrate, we are having a 10 day series of special blogiversary and blog appreciation posts! (Enough exclamation points?)

Today's post is a shout-out to The Book Cove's top followers. A blog's success can be measured in a variety of ways. I'm not too hung up on follower numbers -- although, let's be honest, thousands of followers is a pretty awesome accomplishment! What I love even more is interaction with my readers. Many bloggers (including myself) post and post and post only to have one or two comments (if we're lucky!). And while we can tell that people are reading the posts based on stats programs, it's hard to tell if anyone is getting anything out of them. Even the simplest "great review" or "I didn't like that book" comment can make a bloggers day/week/month! Even better is when you can establish an online friendship with other readers and bloggers. Shown here some words from my top followers/commenters who just so happen to have great blogs of their own that I highly suggest you check out ;-)


Day 3: Top Followers

Amber of Paradise of Pages

Hey everyone!

My name is Amber, I run the blog Paradise of Pages! I'm 25, and live in the Florida Panhandle. I am the mommy to a furbaby, a chihuahua by the name of Moose. He is my pride and joy and I don't know what I would do without him. I am also the proud teacher of 9 two year old kids. I love going to work to see their smiling faces everyday. When I get off, I am lucky to come home to a wonderful guy named Teejay. We've been together for 2 years but were childhood best friends before that. I am very family oriented and would do anything for them.

Back in 2008, I ended up being sucked into reading the Twilight Saga. I didn't want to but my cousin talked me into it. After I got started though, I couldn't stop. I ended up going on the internet to find out more books like Twilight and ran into the work of Book Bloggers. I didn't know it existed, but I wanted to be a part of it right away. I made a blog called Must and Lust for Books. My ex ended up making me give that one up. I still tried to read here or there, but every book I read, I wanted my blog back. Once I ended up single and getting my life back in order, I ran back into Teejay. We hit it off as a couple right away. After a few months of dating, I told him about my old blog one day after reading another book around him. He encouraged me to start a new blog. Paradise of Pages was born. I have been at it again since April of 2013 and I've loved it so much. I am so glad he gave me the courage to start it again and turn it back to something happy, instead of a sore spot in my heart. I am now sucked back into my reading and wish I was vampire just to have all the extra time to read. I average around 6 books a month, but when I get going I get up towards 13-15 books a month. It is so nice to be able to read that much again. I have 3 five shelf bookshelves and they just keep getting filled up to where I might need another one soon. I know I got a problem!! My favorite part of all of it isn't the reading exactly, but the friendships that I find along the way. I have made some friends that I know I will have around for the rest of my life. It's so nice to know I can read something and be able to type it up and know you guys can feel the same emotions as me and I can actually talk about it to someone. I don't really have that here, I'm the only one I know that likes to read the things I do.

Thank you so much for allowing me to be a guest on your blog! Happy Blogoversary! I know you will have many more to come!

- Amber




"Well I've always been a reader. Ever since I was 13 I read my first vampire book, it was love at first read! I never wanted to read anything but paranormal reads! And there's such a variety these days! Not back then though! Those are the real Dark Days! My blog started by chance. Rachel Vincent was having a contest and you could have more entries if you had a better footprint in social media. So I decided to start a blog. I called it a GREAT read (with this exact spelling and un-capitalization) because I thought her book was just such a GREAT read! Like WOW! After a struggling first year I really started getting into blogging and have made some great friends! Besides reading paranormal books, my passion also lies in writing my own! I'm unpublished as of now, but hope to maybe one day make my dream come true and be a published author!"

My blog: http://jessica-agreatread.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/aGREATreader

Happy Blogiversary!

- Jessica



Jessica of Peace Love Books

Hello! I'm Jessica and I am the blogger behind http://readingwithstyle.blogspot.com! I am a 20-year-old girl from Ohio and am completely obsessed with reading. I'm currently majoring in English Education with a minor in English Literature, Film Studies, and Rhetoric/Writing. I hope to be a high school English teacher once I graduate from college! As a book blogger, I obviously love reading, but when I'm not reading you can probably find me knitting, watching movies with my twin sister, playing with my adorable dog named Rosie, or training for yet another half marathon. I started my blog in 2011 and it has been the absolute best experience. I love sharing my passion for books, connecting with new people, and finding the next best read. Make sure you stop by and say hi!


Blog Link: http://readingwithstyle.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PeaceLuvBooks
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4844580-jessica


- Jessica (Peace Love Books)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's a lot of Jessi and Jessicas around here, huh? ;-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Blogiversary Posting Schedule 
*note that future dates' posts will not have a working link until that day*

Day 1: 5 Blogging Facts (June 1st)
Day 2: The Book Cove's Top Posts(June 2nd)
Day 3: The Book Cove's Top Contributors (June 3rd)
Day 4: The Book Cove's Top Followers (June 4th)
Day 5: A Year of a Blog's Life - how we got where we are (June 5th)
Day 6: 2nd Year Goals (June 6th)
Day 7: Our Favorite Blogs (June 7th)
Day 8: Thoughts of a naive blogger (June 8th)
Day 9:  Most recent book purchases (June 9th)
Day 10: Giveaway! (June 10th)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)