The Book Cove's 1 Year Blogiversary! (Day 5: A bit of a biography)


Our 1 Year Blogiversary is quickly approaching (June 10th)! How time flies! To celebrate, we are having a 10 day series of special blogiversary and blog appreciation posts! (Enough exclamation points?)

Today's post is more of an in-depth bio about myself and the blog. Frequent readers here probably know that there is one main person behind The Book Cove. But often posts are written in the plural form. The Book Cove is more of a community entity than an individual one. And while I do write a lot of posts myself I also get a lot of help. Thus, it has simply become habit to refer to The Book Cove as "we".

As for myself, I've purposely kept quiet about my personal life and what I do for a living. Not because I'm trying to hide, but because I want to keep what I do here separate from my (other) personal and professional life. Many of the people that I've worked with on here have come to know me personally and little by little some of that information has "slipped" out in blog posts -- intentionally -- however, because I write reviews on others' work and provide my two cents on discussion topics I feel that it is important to keep some kind of wall between my "Book Cove" life and my real life. You never know when a disgruntled, offended, or randomly pissed off person is going to decide that today is the day they will try to bring you down. And if that ever happens (which someone has tried to stir the pot a bit) then I don't want that ripple to ever reach outwards. I value my personal and professional life too much for that.

With that out there I will now provide a little bit of info about the girl behind The Book Cove ;-)

As many know, my name is Jessi. I am in my 20's and when I have "spare time" I enjoy reading a few books. Mostly I read fiction because I like to distance myself away from the real world every now and then (who doesn't??), and those are usually the reads that end up on here. Outside of that I have a huge love for health and nutrition and these books make up my non-fiction reads (although the term non-fiction is debatable since I've read quite a few bullsh*t "health" books). I live in the Mid-West (US) and wouldn't change my home for the world! Though I've traveled many places, nothing quite beats home and I always return after a few weeks. I also love running, sunsets, classic cars, and long walks on the beach.

More about me will likely come out as time goes on, but for now I'm going to call that good. Anyone with shared interests feel free to comment or contact me. I'd love to chat!



Blogiversary Posting Schedule 
*note that future dates' posts will not have a working link until that day*

Day 1: 5 Blogging Facts (June 1st)
Day 2: The Book Cove's Top Posts(June 2nd)
Day 3: The Book Cove's Top Contributors (June 3rd)
Day 4: The Book Cove's Top Followers (June 4th)
Day 5: A bit of a biography (June 5th)
Day 6: 2nd Year Goals (June 6th)
Day 7: Our Favorite Blogs (June 7th)
Day 8: Thoughts of a naive blogger (June 8th)
Day 9:  Most recent book purchases (June 9th)
Day 10: Giveaway! (June 10th)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)