News at The Book Cove: August-September updates


Happy Friday!!

I'll make everyone's Friday just a little bit better by starting off with this cute picture of my puppy, Emma:



Too much cuteness to handle at once!

Now on to the news...

Reviews

I've finally gotten back into the swing of reviewing and I've slowly been accepting books to review (versus only reading books I've purchased due to time constraints). So more people on the review request list have been hearing from me, however, there are 100's on that list and I cannot (and do not) want to read them all. As  usual, I will try to get as many reviewed by guest reviewers as possible but that too is a little slow going these days.

Blog Takeover

Our last blog take over winner was Nick Tory. If you did not catch his entries, you should do so now! They're hilarious, spot on, and a little bit crazy!

In September we will have our 2nd blog takeover winner, author Emily Walker. And if her posts are anything like her winning entry answer to "In 50 words or less explain why you should get to take over The Book Cove for a week," then I'm sure that will be a riot!

"Jobs"

For those of you that do not know, or forget easily (like me), or just haven't considered it - The Book Cove has availabilities to guest post, guest review, and co-blog (all non-paying, unfortunately). If interested, send an email to bookcovereviews@gmail.com and we'll get something set up!

Upcoming TBR

Lastly, I thought I'd share what I'm reading and see if anyone has similar TBRs or any thoughts on them. 

Compromising Kessen by Rachel Van Dyken -  My interpretation: An arranged "royal" marriage  between an American and a Brit based on 18th century values in today's society. I love RVD's work so I'm pretty psyched to read this!

Above All by Rebecca Brooks - My interpretation - the backwoods gets steamy when a sour breakup brings a hot Chef and ready-to-bare-all woman together. I'm a pretty big fan of gratuitous hookups in the wild with sexy men that can cook (I'm talking about reading, guys...just reading about it ;)) So this should be great!

Comments

  1. I am so glad to have a chance to read your wonderful article. I am looking forward to read more of your works and posts. How to Improve Academic Essay Writing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)