Feature and Follow #33 (favorite character archetype)

What is Feature and Follow?

F&F is a weekly blog hop that consists of book bloggers. It is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. The rules of involvement are simple:

1.) Link up on the blog hop Linky gadget below this post, 2.) follow the hosts via their network of choice, 3.) follow the weekly featured blog(s) via their network of choice (listed as "featured" in the blog list below), and lastly, 4) check out the rest of the blogs on the hop! If you become a new follower of a blog, let them know and they will follow you back.

The F&F is a great way to network, meet other book bloggers, and gain new followers. Even more so, it's a great way to drive fun discussion on a weekly topic.


This Week's FF: 

What is your favorite character archetype(s)?


I like badass female characters. Not necessarily the sword swinging, no shit taking,  whiskey drinking, do or die women (although let's, be honest, those are great). But women that can find their own "niche" and work it. Self-confidence, a certain independence, and common sense are badass qualities. I like when characters are taken down (in a way) by their qualities and have to relearn a better/different use for them. Resculpting. Growing. Learning to appreciate.

For male characters I'm a bit more all over the board. I like the nerdy in the streets, alpha in the sheets kind of guy. I find a lot of the male characters typically alpha in every way possible, and that's boring to me.

Comments

  1. I agree - typically male characters are very alpha. I like your description of your favorite female archetype - I find there is an odd mix of that in most of what I read...woman is semi-confident and then loses it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)