Feature and Follow #21 (Do you have a mood genre?)

What is Feature and Follow?



F&F is a weekly blog hop that consists of book bloggers. It is hosted byAlison Can Read and Parajunkee. The rules of involvement are simple:
1.) Link up on the blog hop Linky gadget below this post, 2.) follow the hosts via their network of choice, 3.) follow the weekly featured blog(s) via their network of choice (listed as "featured" in the blog list below), and lastly, 4) check out the rest of the blogs on the hop! If you become a new follower of a blog, let them know and they will follow you back.

The F&F is a great way to network, meet other book bloggers, and gain new followers. Even more so, it's a great way to drive fun discussion on a weekly topic.





This week's question:

Do you have a go to genre when you're happy, sad, or angry? - Suggested by Take Me Away...

Yes, I have a genre for every mood and it usually coincides with my mood. 

If it's a lazy day where I'm feeling content or sappy and I don't want anything too heavy weighing on me, I turn to some new adult contemporary romance. It's the quick-and-easy-fix genre for me. 

If I'm really happy about something, I usually turn to something with more extreme emotions like a good thriller. It keeps the good endorphin vibes going with every page. 

If I'm sad, I'll usually go with something more paranormal. Getting outside of my own little "human world" is one of the best ways to lose myself for the time being.

I don't usually read when I'm angry. I guess it would depend on what I'm angry about, and the book would likely involve a theme that was the furthest away from my current situation as possible. Unless it's romance related. I'm a sucker for falling down that rabbit hole ;-)



Join in on our Penny For Your Thoughts... blog hop!



Other Posts Of Interest:

Remember to check your follow links regularly - by Jessi - November 22nd, 2014
5 easy tips for making your blog more user friendly for blog hops - By Jessi - December 27th, 2013
CAPTCHA challenge presented by The Book Wheel and The Relentless Reader - By Jessi - August 16th, 2013


Comments

  1. Nice! I'm the opposite myself! I don't have any go to genres for my moods!


    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Romance rule!
    Old follower via Bloglovin'.
    Books are my life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those genres match up pretty well with the emotions :) New Bloglovin' follower! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)