Feature and Follow #27 (favorite book-turned-movie)



What is Feature and Follow?

F&F is a weekly blog hop that consists of book bloggers. It is hosted byAlison Can Read and Parajunkee. The rules of involvement are simple:

1.) Link up on the blog hop Linky gadget below this post, 2.) follow the hosts via their network of choice, 3.) follow the weekly featured blog(s) via their network of choice (listed as "featured" in the blog list below), and lastly, 4) check out the rest of the blogs on the hop! If you become a new follower of a blog, let them know and they will follow you back.

The F&F is a great way to network, meet other book bloggers, and gain new followers. Even more so, it's a great way to drive fun discussion on a weekly topic.



This Week's FF: 
What are your favorite books that have been made into a movie?

I'll admit, I'm a book-to-movie snob. While I can enjoy these movies, I usually spend a lot of time thinking to myself (no use ruining it for others ;) about how much of the "major" plot line was dropped from the movie? I'm always wondering how people who didn't read the book could possibly understand what is going on with out these "major" pieces. Of course, that's my problem and not really a movie watcher's problem.

That said as far as a series goes, I've enjoyed the Harry Potter series the most. It's hard to argue that the movies weren't well cast, well shot, and well done. From script to scenery the characters were exactly how you imagined them for the most part. I never felt like something was so out of line with the book that I couldn't enjoy the movies.

As a non-series, a great book-to-move I highly recommend is one based on true events called Not Without My Daughter. The book was one my high school lit class read and then we watched the movie. Since then I've read and watched Not Without My Daughter multiple times and still find both to be excellent. Here's the description: ...a 1991 drama film depicting the escape of American citizen Betty Mahmoody and her daughter from her husband in Iran. The film was shot in the United States, Turkey and Israel, and the main characters Betty Mahmoody and Sayed Bozorg "Moody" Mahmoody are played by Sally Field and Alfred Molina, respectively. Sheila Rosenthal and Roshan Sethstar as Mahtob Mahmoody and Houssein the smuggler, respectively.








Join in on this week's Penny For Your Thoughts... blog hop!


A Penny For Your Thoughts... hosted by The Book Cove
A hop where you leave a comment or create a blog post about a given quote and
are entered to win a monthly prize.




Other Posts Of Interest:


Remember to check your follow links regularly - by Jessi - November 22nd, 2014
5 easy tips for making your blog more user friendly for blog hops - By Jessi - December 27th, 2013
CAPTCHA challenge presented by The Book Wheel and The Relentless Reader - By Jessi - August 16th, 2013

Comments

  1. Hopping through. I love the HP movies too. Not as good as the books but still iconic. I hope they don't remake them because I can't imagine them with a better cast.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exactly the same with books to movies, I'm always worried they've going to turn out to be a disappointment. I loved Not Without My Daughter, but I did know it had been made into a movie, I'll definitely have to check it out!

    Here's my FFF.

    New follower on Twitter and Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices. I also love the Harry Potter movies. I’m a new Bloglovin’ follower.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Harry Potter series was done very well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Khaled Talib discusses development of his newest thriller "Gun Kiss"

Feature and Follow #10 (Christmas book haul)

Feature and Follow #6 (One book for life)